Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thursday race was on Emanuel. Something about that boat that gets to me. This is the second time I crewed on her and the second time I either fell or got hurt. It happens after the racing while we are getting back to the marina. This time the wind was up and the heal of the boat go me off balance and I fell in the cockpit. Hit my knees. Got a bruise, but I get bruises easily since I am taking aspirin and plavix.

The race had an interesting start. The start line was wider than the finish line, but not by much. There were 12 boats starting in our class and they all bunched up at the mark end of the start line. One boat had to have is way and caused one boat to do a 360 to avoid a colision. Either that same boat or another got the mark tangled in between her rudder and keel and was immobile for quite a few minutes. We had started our run quite late and was not in the bunch of boats, which made both the skipper and her husband quite happy. We managed to come in third, again. The fleet seems to have sorted itself out. Steve on Dew Drop Inn kept trying to blanket our wind, but we managed to stay out of his dirty air for quite some time. Then we pulled ahead of him after the second mark.

About the boat bumping two weeks ago, I heard that one boat got a mangled bow pulpit out of the encounter. Racing can be fun and expensive.

No comments: