Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thursday this week was a no race day. Just as well, there was no wind. So I left work early and went to the boat, anyway. I have been wanting to clean up the port lazerette. I pulled everything out of it. I rediscovered some water guns, Four 5 inch bumpers, a fish net, an anchor float, a 250' anchor rode, 30' chain, davis anchor, a 5 gallon bucket and a dead battery. I left the lines in that are hanging on hooks with a bungy retainer. This is nice. It would be better if the hooks and bungy were on the lid to the lazerette. That way the lines would be up and out of the way when the lid was opened. But it was this way when I bought the boat. After I retire and don't have anything better to do, I might move the thing to the lid.

The dead house battery has been giving me problems all season. It would get to voltage, but after even the slightest load, it would drop to 9.5 volts. I did find a loose connection on it earlier in the season, so I tightened it and gave the battery another chance. That did not work. It is a 24 month battery and it is 25 months since I bought it. Time to buy another battery. I like to have two batteries aboard. Just in case one goes dead, like this one did. The starting battery is a 60 month, it has another two years. I guess I will get another 60-month for the house, now. This will at least stagger them for replacements.

Racing next week.

Ken

No comments: